Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Holidays

What do you do during the holidays ? Play ? Study ? To the shopping mall ? Well , there are tons of time during the holidays and usually people plan to go overseas . Some for 1 week and some for 2 , well mostly 1 . Due to the financial crisis now , the pocket is getting tighter and nobody or well I , did not imagine that anybody would still go overseas . Not everyone , at least . But I saw on the news one day , the channel 8 , 10.00 o clock news , about this plan the travel agencies are using now .It is to borrow money from the company or the bank to go for a tour , and then return it back in installments . The majoraty subsribing for this plan are youngsters in their 20s. I think that it is not right . Haven't we heard of the phrase " Save for rainy days " ? Is it worth it to enjoy yourself for that one week and back home , work like crazy to pay back the bank ? I think that those youngsters have no planning for their future and I'm certain that they have no savings in their account . To go overseas , you have to have more than enough money in your hands , and not to have less. We can't just spend all our money and not think of the consequences it would lead to . Also , people now are always retrenched by companies due to the crisis . They have a hard time paying off bills and feeding their families . Isn't it better or should I say more meaningful if we donate our money to them rather then to spend it on holidays and such ?

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I have savings ina my account. Yes, I agree, its meaningful to donate money.

    ReplyDelete